Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.

My first love is now a famous football player and he is on

My first love is now a famous football player and he is on the media everywhere and every time I go up town I am reminded of him. Well we broke up because he cheated on me but I truely did love him then I found out a couple years ago he said that he never loved me that he just felt sorry for me and I was ugly.. The day my sister passed away he was hitting on my best friend, I just think that was very inappropriate. but he was very childish he was 16 and I was 18. well years pass by and everytime I came home he would always call me .. well This year I had a son and when the ex find out I was prego he kept saying that the father is so ugly and that his fiance is fine.. but the whole time him and his fiance was prego to but he was just concerned why was I prego. I seen him in the walmart the other day and he chased me down to see his baby and his fiance was walking back and forth stalking me.. my question is will I EVER FORGET him b/c I dont love him anymore it just hurt what he said
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 6 years ago.
You will never forget your first love. Unfortunately, this man seems to take pleasure in hurting you. He is a sick guy.
The best way to minimize the damage he does is to refuse all contact with him. Hang up when he calls. Turn the channel when he is media. Don't read stories about him. Unfortunately, the more reminders you have of him, the longer the pain lasts. If he harasses you on street or otherwise, you may want to get restraining order. Sadly it may be harder due to his notoriety. If flat out ignoring, walking away etc. doesn't work, then keep a journal for court. Chances are, if he loses chances to hurt you, he may move on to torment someone else.

Also, consider the source. This is a man that obviously has lots of option with how to spend his time, yet he goes out of his way to hurt you. What a sick SOB. Why let someone with his character affect you. Is his opinion really important.

As time passes, you will remember him, but the negative effect will go away. It is like their is a clock on how long it takes to get over stuff like this. Unfortunately, everytime you have contact with him, the clock resets. Cut him off from all contact and reminders, and the clock will move forward and you will be OK.