Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

my wife has been treated by a state of texas sponsored md for

my wife has been treated by a state of texas sponsored md for major depression,ocd,anxiety disorder,panic disorder,and agoraphobia for approximately the past seven years. This md, while being a nice person, is not board certified. does this lack of certification make this less than a good program and should my wife see someone with more training. she currently takes 3 meds for this-- cymbalta,luvox and xanax but has no cbt whatsoever at this point. my wife still cannot cope with life and has become more reclusive.
Hi, after seven years it doesn't matter who the physician is, or whether they are board certified, it's time to find another doctor. Specifically it should be a psychiatrist who is up to date (which they normally are)on all the latest medications. In addition, therapy (CBT) should be required. Just taking medication is a band aid approach. Getting to the real issues and helping her overcome them is the goal. CBT works very well for all her presenting problems. Solve that and she may be able to not only function better but get off some of the medications.
Please click accept and leave feedback. Thanks.