How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. G. Your Own Question
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1492
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been extreamly depressed for over a year. I was in

Customer Question

I have been extreamly depressed for over a year. I was in the hospital on a 72 hour hold a year ago but things seemed to get better. I got off my meds and now things are just as bad. I don't know where to go for help. I was wondering if there was some type of an inpaitent diognostic setting I could try, that way i could stablalize my meds. I have a high PPO from united health
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 7 years ago.
If I were you I would start back with the hospital you were sent to on the hold. They have your records and could get you back on the meds you were on before. I am sure you can check yourself in there voluntarily if you wanted. But by all means if the meds worked then get back on them.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It seemed like the hospital I was in was geared more towards detoxing and people who were on a mandatory hold. I was wondering if there was an option that was a bit more geared to treatment of Depression and Bipolar.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 7 years ago.
If that is the case then I might suggest you talking with your primary doctor and letting that person know that you want to go to treatment. Your doctor can help make those arrangements for you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do you know if there are inpatient programs that are intended for patients not in imminent harm? Something that is geared not towards detox but medication management and diagnosis.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 7 years ago.
There are, and if you go voluntarily then they can gear treatment towards medication management and diagnosis. I don't know the area you live in but talk to your doctor or talk to the hospital you were at before and they can make referrals.