Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
20023641

i am an architect, a wife , and a voluntary teacher. Logically

i am an architect, a wife , and a voluntary teacher. Logically i have to many people to deal with in a day. i have so many friends but i realize that i dont have many close friends. There's only 2 good friends that i have. i dont know how to talk spontaneously with everyone. Sometimes i felt melancholy, feeling sad without any reasons. I think i have emotional baggage. I do think that my serotonin level in my brain is very low. So i always take supplement vitamin B12, vitamin b6 and folic acid. I just wanna be happy naturally without taking any supplement. Please.

Hi genida,

I can understand that you don't want to take supplements, especially because they're not seeming to work for you. Antidepressant medication would lift your symptoms and allow you to discover if it's really emotional baggage or clinical depression. You may have both. I recommend that you speak with your doctor about an evaluation for depression and medical treatment. People are amazed at the change in their mental energy and emotional endurance once their depression is treated, and I think you would also.
Depression Info

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.

Thanks!

Anna

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
anna,

thanks for the answer.
i have depression?. wow ok...why do i have that?
i am successful...a good wife..good spiritually...
humph...but i just cannot trust people to tell my problems..
i tend to keep it to myself and solve them myself...

humph...depression..hopefully u can explain to me why i have one...so that i can convince myself to go and see a psychologist

genida

Hi genida,
You're welcome. I don't think I could convince you that you have depression, but read the Mayo Clinic's information on it.....you'll see that being successful at home and career doesn't preclude you from having it. (unfortunately) Many people have it and don't even feel sad or 'feel depressed', but it depresses their functioning in a way that becomes a burden to deal with.

You mention feeling sad for no reason, melancholy, difficulty with friendly intimacy....these are all signs of depression, and as a clinician, it would be the first thing I would need to rule out before getting into your baggage. If you are depressed, the medication would give you a platform of mental energy to deal with the baggage in a very short amount of time. My recommendation is to see your doctor and a psychologist.

My best to you.
Anna