Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
20023641

What is the best drug to prevent panic attacks

What is the best drug to prevent panic attacks?

Hi OZ,

There isn't a 'best' drug to prevent panic attacks, there is only what works best for you. Each person is a bit different on the medications, and sometimes it takes a good year to find exactly the right combination that will do you best. There are faster acting medications for panic attacks than Valium, and your doctor can talk with you about that if you're a candidate for them, as not all people are due to other medical conditions and medication interactions.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.

Thanks!

Anna

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your answer but I would appreciate if you can give me the name of some of these faster acting drugs than valium, so I can ask my doctor in Australia.

Regards,

OZ
Hi OZ,

Xanax, Ativan, or Klonopin

Here is some information on the drug class itself...I don't know if you've already researched this or not, but if not, it will help you.
anxiolytics
meds for panic

Anna