Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry

My husband left me at Xmas and said that he couldnt have an

My husband left me at Xmas and said that he couldn't have an 'intimate relationship' with me. This followed after 3 months of him sleeping downstairs, although we were briefly together again at Xmas. Prior to that he left me to stay with friends. He's working all hours of the day and night and trying to see our son as much as he can. He told me last week that he now wants to spend 2 nights a week in the house with him sleeping downstairs again so that he can see our son. He looks a mess and has been tired for about a year. He's just his 40 and his father killed himself when he was 13. What the hell is wrong with him now? He still loves me and is sexually attracted to me according to him. I'm very confused.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 6 years ago.

Hi there ,

Welcome to Just answer !

Well, it seems that your husband is going through an inner turmoil within himself which must have stemmed from some issue best known to him or you , and he seems to be falling into depression and the fact that he declines to have an intimate relationship with you ,but professes that he still loves you seems to be a bizarre stand from his side , and this indirectly puts him on the spot where he needs to answer some questions to you justifying his actions , in fact you deserve some answers for his behaviour , and it would be best if you ask him to accompany you to a marriage counselor or marital therapist and seek some counseling over his issue and discuss his state of mind and the main reasons for his atitude which is as hurtful as it is bizarre.

So,kindly talk to your husband and coax him to meet a marriage counselor along with you and both of you try to do best to save your marriage from falling apart , if not for yourselves , but for your kid.

I hope this helps..

I wish you all the best..

Please press the ACCEPT button if you are satisfied with the answer as only then will i be credited for my service.