Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.

I just had my insurance canceled and I am bi-polar. I am

Customer Question

I just had my insurance canceled and I am bi-polar.

I am out of meds and I dont want to fall into that pit of depression. I cant afford to pay full price for my meds, but I cant be without them either What can I do?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

Hi cty,

Almost all of the drug companies have programs now for situations like yours. Contact the company's website and see if they have one for your medication. You usually need to fill out a few forms and have a doctor's signature, and it can take a month to get it going, so don't wait.

Some meds that work on bipolar disease are also part of WalMart and Walgreen's $4 prescriptions now. You can get a list of what drugs are on that plan and bring that to your doctor to see if any might work for you. This is something that you can do right away.

You can also see if your county has a mental health service which would allow you to get on a list to see a psychiatrist on a sliding scale for your prescriptions.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.