Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  20+ yrs Private Practice; Cert. Master Therapist; National Board Certified; APA Board Certified

IHAVE been an unhappy person since childhood, resulting in

Customer Question

IHAVE been an unhappy person since childhood, resulting in early diagnosis of ulcer's in my duodenum, and it eating through my bowel when I was 12 year's old. When I was 29 year's old it had eaten through my bowel,I hemoraged{was in the hospital at the time}I was given transfusionusion's and before I went home had had operation to remove the at 70yr's I am still depressed, though operational with nerve medication's and for sleeping, antidepressante's do not work for me they seem to increase the anxiety that I allready fee......My Question is ......Is there just simply just seretonin without any additives available that I could try that my brain may be lacking?....waiting for your abswer......Rosemarie [email protected]
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Tamara replied 6 years ago.
Hi there. I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you are having. It sounds like all this has been difficult to deal with. There are several non-prescription supplements that are thought to increase serotonin and help with depression. I would suggest you do some research on tryptophan, 5HTP, St. John's Wort, and SAMe. These are all thought to naturally affect serotonin levels and may help with your depression.

Best wishes, and please let me know if I can answer any further questions. Tamara

Expert:  Tamara replied 6 years ago.
Here's a link for you to check out: Tamara