cathy
cathy, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  MS., MS.Ed., 30 years clinical and administrative experience in psychiatry and mental health
25773729

I feel like im in a constant day dream. I experience constant

Customer Question

I feel like i'm in a constant day dream. I experience constant disorientation, blurred vision, dizziness and "brain fog" or difficulty focusing on simply tasks. What could this be?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  cathy replied 7 years ago.

Hi Jeff and thanks for writing JustAnswer.com

Can you please give us a little more information on this so we can help you better?

Thank you for your patience.

Cathy

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
These symptoms start about 7 months ago. They have not lifted since then. It feels as if my brain is not functioning properly. I am in a constant daze. I try to "come out of it" but I can't. I have had my thyroid and various types of blood work checked. Everything has come back fine. I get disoriented easily. I get dizzy. I have blurred and decreased vision. I can't focus. I lose track of what i'm saying, even in mid conversation. I feel a constant "buzzing" in my head. I have pressure behind my eyes. Doctors have just given up on me. There is a PHYSICAL problem occurring, but I can't figure out what it is. What else do you need to know?
Expert:  cathy replied 7 years ago.

Hi Jeff and I am sorry you are in so much distress. You know this does sound to me more like a medical problem than a mental health issue. I think it could be a mental health issue but so would like to rule out a medical problem first?

do you think you should speak with the medicine experts here first?

Let me know. I think this is more medical than mental health but I can leave the query open here for colleagues to comment if you like?

thanks for your response and let me know which would be more helpful to you.

Wishing you all my best on this Jeff.

Cathy

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I agree. I think this is more of a medical issue. Leave it open so that others can read and comment. Thank you!
Expert:  cathy replied 7 years ago.
Okay Jeff and good luck to you. I hope you feel better soon. Cathy