Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry

Hi, I have been on 2 Deanxit per day since June 09. I recently

I have been on 2 Deanxit per day since June 09. I recently got pregnant and so I immediately quit taking Deanxit. Are there any side effects? withdrawal symptoms? If yes, what are they and for how long do they last?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 6 years ago.

Hi there ,

Welcome to Just answer !

Well, it is always advised to gradually taper Deanxit , before stopping it , as abrupt stoppage of this drug can lead to withdrawal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, sweating, pins and needles sensations, difficulty sleeping, restlessness, anxiety or tremor , although it is not necessary that these withdrawal symptoms always have to take place on abrupt stoppage.

However , these Withdrawal symptoms are temporary and in approximately 2-3 weeks subside on their own .

So, now that you have stopped taking deanxit , and as of now you have not experienced any withdrawal symptom , so you shall continue like this ,more likely you may not develop any withdrawal sympotms and even if in a few days you do develop side effects due to withdrawal , they wil subside on their own in a 2-3 weeks , and you shall take symptomatic treatment for the symptoms from your family doctor to make the withdrawal phase tolerable to pass .

I hope this helps.

I wish you all the best...

Please press the ACCEPT button if you are satisfied with the answer as only then will i be credited for my service.