Tamara
Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  20+ yrs Private Practice; Cert. Master Therapist; National Board Certified; APA Board Certified
25965815

i need to have a conversation with someone. if i ask a few

i need to have a conversation with someone. if i ask a few questions will i get the same person response or will it keep being different?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Tamara replied 4 years ago.
Hi there. You can continue with the same person if you keep the same thread going and accept answers as you go. Or you can ask one question at a time and just head each question with "For ______" and that person will answer. I'll be glad to help you if you like. Tamara
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can never think normally when I do anything. I have a problem using common sense throughout the day. I can usually do it for a little while but then I start to do things and halfway through I think why am I doing it, usually its just to get it done and for no other reason.
Expert:  Tamara replied 4 years ago.
Hi again. Can you give me an example so I can better understand your concern?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i can't do it. i must keep forgetting because if i think about it i remember but i type in an answer and it doesn't fit to what i told you. i just get stressed out all the time. i buy food at the grocery store that i keep just having to throw away because i forget to eat unless it's when i think i'm supposed to. i buy new video games when i haven't beaten the ones i'm currently playing and get new movies when i haven't even watched the ones i have
Expert:  Tamara replied 4 years ago.
Hi again. I'm sorry you are having a hard time. It sounds like you have a lot of anxiety about what you think and how you come across. I don't think it's necessarily abnormal to buy new video games when you haven't beating the old ones, or to buy new movies if you haven't watched the other ones.

But you are clearly disturbed by your thoughts and behavior. I would like to recommend that you go to your Dr. and talk with him/her about your concerns. There may be a medical issue going on that you need some treatment for. I think you should also consider seeing a psychiatrist to see if there are any mental health issues going on that you can be treated for. It seems like it might be easier for someone to help you if they were able to talk with you in person and ask you more questions. I suspect if you could have some help with your anxiety that you would feel a lot better. Best wishes, and please let me know if you have any further questions. Tamara

Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience: 20+ yrs Private Practice; Cert. Master Therapist; National Board Certified; APA Board Certified