Tamara
Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  20+ yrs Private Practice; Cert. Master Therapist; National Board Certified; APA Board Certified
25965815

I am taking pristiq 100mg daily for depression, anxiety levels

I am taking pristiq 100mg daily for depression, anxiety levels are high at the present due to family circumstances so I want to know if I can take two or three days of xanax 0.25mg with the pristiq to ease the anxiety part so I can cope. Can they be taken together?
Hi there. I'm glad you're being cautious, but it's fine to take the xanax with Pristiq. You may want to cut the xanax in half the first time you use it with the Pristiq, just to make sure it doesn't make you too drowsy. But a little xanax with the Pristiq isn't a problem Best wishes. Tamara