Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist.

TO Child psychologist- My 7 yr. has been diagnosed with GAD

TO:Child psychologist- My 7 yr. has been diagnosed with GAD frpm PTSD due to sexual abuse 1 yr. ago....therapy was disontinued due to therapist moving..(6mths ago) I'm still urging custodial parent to continue therapy ASAP as I'm concerned & want my 7 yr. old to accept & learn coping skills.... what questions can I ask her teacher related to her GAD & maybe it's origin(sexual abuse)????????? Should I even mention it????(sexual abuse)
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
Why are you getting the teacher involved and what do you want to ask?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What do you think I should ask with the information I just gave you???
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
I assume you want to know what behaviors your child is displaying in class. If this is what you want to know then then I would ask the teacher if she sees any behaviors that concern her or seem unusual compared to the other children. Ask how the child gets along with peers. Ask about classwork completion. And just an overall impression the child's teacher gets. This should be sufficient.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Looks like you think "DISCLOSURE" to anyone with such a child, like teachers & caregivers is not important to you, nor is it important to disclose to teachers about any food allergies, medical condition, etc.etc.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
I am not saying that at all. I thought you wanted to know about the teachers' observations. If your child is not doing well in class then by all means tell the teacher what is going on but if your child is doing well then why tell?