Ask Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH Your Ow...
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH, Therapist
Experience:  Over 15 years of experience as a substance abuse therapist. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker

I have been diagnosed with Schizophrenia, my doctor told me

I have been diagnosed with Schizophrenia, my doctor told me I've been hearing voices, but I wanted a second opinion. Sometimes I get an "echo" type thing when people talk. I hear someone commenting about me and saying negative things. Sometimes I hear two people having a conversation in what sounds like an alien language. It doesn't sound like it's comming from outside my head, but from the inside.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. It sounds like your doctors diagnosis is accurate. It is really difficult for us to give you a second opinion online because we would need to sit down with you and do a full diagnostic session. Typically, auditory hallucinations are present in 70% or so of people with schizophrenia and about 15%-20% with people with mood disorders.
Here is the diagnostic criteria for schizophrenia.
You may want to consider seeing another psychiatrist in your area for a comprehensive evaluation and a second opinion.

I hope this answer helps and I wish you all the best. Please let me know if you need clarification about this answer.

Take care,