Ask Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH Your Ow...
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH, Therapist
Experience:  Over 15 years of experience as a substance abuse therapist. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker

Trying this again. I still have intense feelings for someone

Trying this again. I still have intense feelings for someone I dated over 5 years ago. Run into him often but he is not interested. It is ruining my attempts at finding true love with anyone else. I need to stop loving him and want to know if psychotherapy would be helpful AND how do I find someone qualified to do this in the Richmond, VA area?
Thank you for using JustAnswer. So sorry to hear you are going through this. It can be truly miserable to stay stuck on someone like this. I have two suggestions for this problem. First, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy can help tremendously for issues like this. Second, you may want to consider hypnotherapy. Hypnosis can be a very fast way to eliminate problems like this.

I am in the Richmond area and would recommend this page of cognitive behavioral therapists. Specifically, Susan Archer
Amy Knowles or Katherine Meyersohn

I hope these suggestions and resources help. Please let me know if you have any other questions or if you need further clarification about this answer.

All the best,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Kym, Can you recommend any hypnotherapists in the Richmond area or even how to locate one?
Hi again,
You can try here and here. Also, there are a lot of online downloadable mp3's online that focus around forgetting about your ex.

I hope these places help as well.

Take care,