Gina P
Gina P, LCSW
Experience:  MSW, LCSW, PIP

I was ok all morning then I was feeling just a little nervousness

I was ok all morning then I was feeling just a little nervousness and about 3 pm I was trying to do too much at once and all off a sudden I felt slight derealization. No heart beating fast or shortness of breath.

Can that be anxiety ?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Gina P replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Yes, it could be some anxiety. Anxiety sometimes just pops up for an unknown reason, and can make you feel a little different afterwards. A sense of derealization usually does have to do with panic disorder or anxiety.

Heart racing and shortness of breath are usually associated with panic disorder and anxiety. Both of these are used interchangeably, but with panic disorder your symptoms may have a sudden onset, may be more severe, and subside rather quickly as well. Anxiety can be more chronic with less severe symptoms.

Hope this helps. Gina

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Oh ok yea its weird because I used to get the heart beating and palpitations and now that stopped and I now get that weird tremor feeling and derealization .And I didnt know that that was anxiety too. I am physically healthy so I just was wondering cause I always thought that anxiety was just fast heart beats and shorntess breath.
Expert:  Gina P replied 6 years ago.

It can be several types of symptoms like that, but usually you can mange these pretty well. As you said, if you were feeling overwhelmed at work, trying to get things done, it can sometimes sneak up on you. But it could also just be anxious type feelings that everyone experiences when they are working fast at something, and feel a little hyperactive trying to get finished. Or just a little old fashioned stress. Smile

If it doesn't get any more severe, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Please let me know if you have other questions. Gina