Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics

My liver count (enzyme) is 10 times higher than it should me.

Customer Question

My liver count (enzyme) is 10 times higher than it should me. For the past two months I have been becoming very forgetful and sometimes I find that I have dreams and when I awaken I imagine that what I dreamed is real and that could last for some days. What steps should I take to rectify this problem, or can it be rectified.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 6 years ago.
Hello Imel,

Are you currently suffering from any disease or have suffered in past?

Could you give some examples of your forgetfulness?

Would you like to mention any other symptoms you have not included in your question?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hello Dr Vikas

Some days I try to remember things that happened the day before or maybe two or three days before - I get so frustrated - then perhaps two or three days later all becomes very clear. This memory loss is very worrying for me at the moment.

Is there a medicine that I could take for the high liver count? I have cut my alcohol intake down to about half a bottle per week.

Your help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your reply Imel. Your memory impairment could be related to your heavy alcohol consumption although there are several other medical conditions which should be ruled out (I am assuming even though you have not mentioned the previous quantity and frequency of your alcohol consumption on the basis of your high liver count and your cutting the alcohol consumption!).

I guess, total alcohol abstinence may result in gradual improvement including that of lowering of high liver count. You must be consulting a doctor I assume and he or she must have prescribed you multivitamins and liver supplements which should be sufficient in my view if you are able to stop alcohol consuming alcohol totally. If you have not yet consulted someone, in my view you should see a doctor preferably a neurologist to find out the exact cause.

I am also giving you a link below which may be of some help.

Alcohol related brain impairment - memory loss

Please feel free to ask if you need clarification/more information. Kindly click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON if you are satisfied with the answer. POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS are warmly appreciated.