Gina P
Gina P, LCSW
Experience:  MSW, LCSW, PIP
19637974

i am scared while talking in a group, i am getting sweat while

i am scared while talking in a group, i am getting sweat while i am in a meeting
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Gina P replied 4 years ago.

Hi, Are you looking for a solution for this? This is the most common fear all humans have, so you are not alone. A physician can assist through medications such as a benxodiazepine or a beta blocker.

You can also address this in therapeutic manner. There are several modalities available to do on your own or with a therapist. Systematic desensitization is used for specific phobias and involves behavior modifications. Desensitization with meditationcan also help and is used by many people to retrain the body to learn to relax at specific times. Many books are available on this topic. In fact, in a google search over two million websites available.

When practicing any of these methods, consistency is the most important concept. Practice your skills on a regular basis to master this fear. Please let me know if you have further questions. Gina

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

but one year back i was not like this i used to be dynamic

only since last year i am so scared of speaking to people, though they have know to me for long, while talking i am sweating, if there is a team meeting at office then i am getting very scared i dont know why?

Expert:  Gina P replied 4 years ago.

Anxiety can come up at any time in your life, and many times the reasons are unknown. It may be some hidden subconscious type reason or something happened that you are aware of.

Anxiety can also disappear as fast as it came. Sometimes it just has to do with your ability to regain confidence in your abilities. Some of the symptoms you have with the sweating may be related to an old fashioned panic attack, and these are treated with the same modalities.

The most important issues at this point is to address the symptoms. Once you feel comfortable again with your speaking roles, your confidence in the ability to handle this will return, and you should be able to overcome this. Gina

Gina P, LCSW
Experience: MSW, LCSW, PIP