Gina P
Gina P, LCSW
Experience:  MSW, LCSW, PIP

I have a wonderfull live with my wife but 8 months after the

I have a wonderfull live with my wife but 8 months after the wedding i became verry offensiv towards her after copule of drinks this never happend before and she thinking about living me.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Gina P replied 6 years ago.

Hi, building trust again can be very difficult. It is very important to ensure your words and behaviors match. People learn to trust each other based on actions not words. If you are diligent in your efforts, I hope she will begin to develop trust again.

After such a short marriage, I would strongly recommend you seek couple counseling to assist with communication and to rebuild trust.

Stopping drinkning is a good step toward showing her you are serious about the things you are saying. You may want to seek some individual counseling as well to see if you have other issues that may need to be addressed, which sometimes comes out toward those closest to us when we are drinknig.

It sounds as if you are sincere in your efforts, and want to maintain your marriage. Continue to do the things you say, and you will be on the right road.

Please let me know if you have other questions. Gina

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm working offshore in 2 weeks on 2 weeks off rota,every time when i'm at home we are happy and full of life we like to enjoy ourselfs.We are verry young and in love.I'm worried because this agrresion is camming from nowhere and that why i'm looking for help
Expert:  Gina P replied 6 years ago.

Hi, Thank you for responding. Aggression usually comes from unresolved resentments, but not necessarily from the person it is direced toward. Doing self evaluation with an experienced counselor can help you determine what the underlying cause may be. Anger and aggression are umbrella type feelings, in that, they cover up other feelings, so it is vital to discover what the underlying feelings are. This is sometimes difficult to discover on your own, and that is one of the benefits of counseling.

If you and your wife are having mostly good days, that is a blessing. Relationships require diligence and work at times, because the romantic period can fade at various times in your relationship. Working to build good communications is the foundation for a long and happy relationship. So, spend a lot of time talking, not just doing things together. I hope you both will continue to be happy, and work hard together. Gina