Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
11044513

I have been getting some symptoms of anxiety lately. But theyre

Customer Question

I have been getting some symptoms of anxiety lately. But they're not coming and going, they're beginning to take place all day. All day i feel so numbed and seperated from reality. I have a hard time breathing, and my heart beat is always fast. Any idea what this is and what i can do?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 6 years ago.
Hello,It sounds like your problem has progressed from occasions of anxiety of discrete duration as in a panic attack to an overall feeling such as one would experience is generalized anxiety disorder. I would suggest that you consider a psychiatric referral for medication evaluation. Threre are several types with both their positive and negative points. In addition to to medication I would recommend the use of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. In CBT, one is taught new ways of thinking and behaving and as a result, one's mood improves. anxiety and panic decrease. In addition CBT is evidenced based as the most effective form of treating anxiety. See:

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/mentalhealthinformation/therapies/cognitivebehaviouraltherapy.aspx

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.