Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
11044513

I have a 39yr old daughter who takes 450mg of wellbutrin for

I have a 39yr old daughter who takes 450mg of wellbutrin for ADHD,and adderal.She has become manic,impossible to be around,totally self absorbed-her speech pattern is quick,her expressions eczaggerated(sp),She is so difficult to be around I now avoid her,her husband is at a loss as to what to do-she blames him for everything,she has never slept well and as always been dificult ,nothing is ever enough-sometimes she acts like she is 12 yrs old.What can I do?
Jan

It is absolutely imperative that you discuss the ineffectual nature of the medication she is receiving on the level of her mania that you have observed. it is important that there be a consideration of medication and possibly diagnosis. In any event. changes have to be rapidly before something negative occurs.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.