Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs

hi--for about a year i have been feeling anxious off/on mostly

hi--for about a year i have been feeling anxious off/on mostly due to work but i find it's spreading out into all aspects of my father died august of 08 and since then i have gained 30 lbs lost 45 just gained 25 heart pounds on my way to work anticipating what i'm going to face and how i'm going to deal with it....i have no sex drive, i feel no joy, i hate myself and everything i do...

will a pill help me regulate any of this? i don't want to start medicating but i feel like i can't help myself anymore
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 6 years ago.

From what you describe you sound anxious and depressed. There are medications designed to help you with these problems which are highly effective. There are several different classes of meds.

I would also recommend the use of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. In CBT, one is taught new ways of thinking and behaving and as a result, one's mood improves. anxiety and decreases. In addition CBT is evidenced based as the most effective form of treating anxiety. See:

Best wishes and good luck nowing there are a number of options of medicine and treatment.

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.