Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs

How to best leave a loser if you are married I have finally

Customer Question

How to best leave a "loser" if you are married? I have finally decided enough is enough. Do I slowly move stuff out and then ask for divorce or do I leave everything and just get out!
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 6 years ago.

From a psychological standpoint, I believe that the best break is quick and complete. The first think that I would do is to engage an attorney to provide legal advise to protect financial assets. Best wishes and good luck.

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
okay but is there a "safest" route when dealing with a "toxic lover" who is controlling and prone to acts of violence? my place to live is in another state far from where I am now.

As I said the first thing is to engage an attorney who is experienced in divorce law and they will guide you to routine to follow to protect everything-safety, assets, etc. As far as the specifics-this type of experienced attorney can direct you most adequately,

Best wishes and good luck and be careful. Your caution is well taken.

Ralph LMHC