Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt
19260254

Why do I feel so crap when I go out with my male friend and

Why do I feel so crap when I go out with my male friend and he just wanders off and leaves me on my own in social situations. When I'm single I have no problem with this but would probably go where I know there will be people I know? He can't understand how hurtful this is to me, I've told him over and over how I feel but it doesn't seem to make any difference to his behaviour. He thinks I'm over reacting.

Good Morning,

It is possible that you feel ignored and let down in response to his reaction. What makes it even harder is the fact that you had explained how you feel and your feelings were minimized by him.

It may be healthier to not engage in the same scenarios with him and avoid that situation. Like you said- he had not changed and is not paying too much attention to your feelings. Trying to further convince him is going to be time and energy consuming. He could have chosen by now to be more supportive of you.

Why repeat the same behavior and expect a different result form him?

At least you're in control of yourself and can let him see that.