Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I am married for 10+ years, I got married even though i had

Customer Question

I am married for 10+ years, I got married even though i had a feeling that my partners family did not accept me because of my own child and probably my family background. After all these years i still feel the family do not accept me and is now affecting our marriage because my partner is torn between us. It has always been daunting having social activities with them because they always put me down. My partner is very close to his family and i can see how it is affecting our marriage.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 7 years ago.

I would liken to help, but you need to formulate a question.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Will the public see my comments?

To my knowledge the ones to see your posts are other experts and moderators, not the public. You can write at support@justanswer.com and speak to administration, and then write me back with the question if you wish

Ralph LMHC

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thats Okay I guess what I want to say is I think I am suffering from Social Phoebia. At this point I do not have anyone to talk to, I have no family I can confide in nor do I have friends or someone to confide in so I was hoping maybe I could get the help from you.

I am sorry to hear of your pain. This is not a chat type format, but rather question and answer. To find some like you want-I want contact my local NAMI, or contact the Community Chest for a chat line.

http://www.nami.org/template.cfm?section=your_local_nami

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.