cathy
cathy, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  MS., MS.Ed., 30 years clinical and administrative experience in psychiatry and mental health
25773729

I am 4 weeks post discharge from a low secure mental health

I am 4 weeks post discharge from a low secure mental health hospital due to severe self harm (self-embedding of metallic objects over a period of several years. My mood was already lowering prior to discharge bu tnot significantly. My first week home was good, then my mood dropped dramatically and i began to find ihard to get out of bed even for basic needs. I self embedded in my neck on wednesday, something i have not done for 5 months, which was a lesser event to what i was feeling - highly suicidal. i feel that the only way through this is out and that i want to die
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Lori-Moderator replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. JustAnswer cares about you very much and wants you to live. We are not designed for emergencies but really do want you to get the help you need right away. We urge you to contact one of the following resources that may be better equipped to assist you. Here is a list of some options -- please pick up the phone and give one or more of these a try.

Suicide Awareness Websites:
www.hopeline.com
www.save.org

Suicide Prevention Hot Lines:
1-800-suicide
1-800-273-TALK / 1-800-273-8255
TTY: 1-800-799-4TTY (4889)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
have tried all these websites. not the hotlines as i am in england
Hello

We have this website as well, and it has a number and services in England:

http://www.samaritans.org/
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
been on that site too and called their number. they actually stay on the linewith people as they commit sucide. think i already know what my answer is -- to take my own life asap.
sorry to trouble you, and thanks
Expert:  cathy replied 4 years ago.

Hi edith and thanks for using justanswer.com

I think you screen name is XXXXX XXXXX someone so hopeless. I have read a great deal about Edith Cavell and she was a heroine to me while I was a young woman.

I am wondering if you have contacted your therapist about your suicidal feelings and if perhaps that has been difficult for you over these holidays?

I can see that you are wary of using a hotline, but I wonder why you are not willing to take a chance on a hotline but instead post here?

Isnt it possible that you can use the hotline and meet someone who understands how poorly you feel and is invested in helping you?

I hope you will reconsider this, because you are in so much pain and it would be tragic if you didnt try to talk this out with someone who cares about you.

Try it first and if it is still not helpful write back and let us know

Best wishes to you and I hope you feel relief soon edith.

Cathy

cathy, Mental Health Professional
Experience: MS., MS.Ed., 30 years clinical and administrative experience in psychiatry and mental health