Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs

he also makes up stories to defend his paroina i am usually

he also makes up stories to defend his paroina i am usually the blame he also believes the lies that his brain manafest my problem his mom takes up for him and blames it on his drug abuse but i know it is his mind too
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 6 years ago.

Clearly drug abuse could make things worse. But your interpretation that he is suffering from an illness is quite accurate. The mother is in denial and has difficulty in dealing with the reality of the situation. You won't be able to change her mind so avoid the subject as much as possible.

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.