cathy, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  MS., MS.Ed., 30 years clinical and administrative experience in psychiatry and mental health

my symptoms have worsened after i had a fight does that mean

Customer Question

my symptoms have worsened after i had a fight does that mean i'm still psychotic i've totally gotten over paranoya completly but it jsut doesn't seem to be going well although my family theapist seems to think otherwise and i can't hear my own thoughts aswell like playing music in my head cannot be done because it's dim to no sound that has happened recently is that going to come back i'm very sad right now
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  cathy replied 6 years ago.

Hi amity and thanks for using

If the voices are dim and you can barely hear them that means the psychosis is going away and you have to stay on whatever medications were given you to be sure they stay away.

I dont know who you had a fight with, but fights are hugely stressful for all of us and if you have just come through a psychotic episode of course you are going to feel stressed and awful.

I know you are very very sad, but heres the thing, if you give yourself some time to heal in a few weeks or so, you are going to feel so much better and this will pass. You can put this in the past and move on with your life

I know it is hard to be patient, but you are over the worst of it.

Hang in there and persist amityville.

You have all my very best on this and I think you can do this.