Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
11044513

i was diagnosed schyzophrenic when i was 16 and on risperidone

i was diagnosed schyzophrenic when i was 16 and on risperidone until i was twenty and i had a baby, ive been off it since then but put back on it a couple weeks ago and my symptoms are still getting stronger... these are my symptoms,is it really just schyzophrenia? ive been having personality changes, like angry over little things, violent towards myself, rambling about things i think i might be mad about but came out of nowhere, i hear voices in the background, like someones name being called, but thats only gotten louder lately, ive been doing things completely out of character that i would never usually do, exposing myself to sexual encounters that i hate, but i keep doing it, my visions kind of foggy like im walking around in clouds all the time im very distant from my kids, i have headache when i wake up, very vivid dreams that i have trouble coming out of, and have trouble remembering if it was a dream or an actual memory, and get random ringing in my ears every once in a while... those are the ones ive noticed anyways....any thoughts?

It sounds like your symptoms are are not being adequatelycontrolled by your current medication. I would discuss my symptoms with the doctor with the possibility of either changing dosage or or type. There are many options available now. Best wishes and good luck.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.

If there is anything further that you would like addressed please just frame another question to me and I will follow up for no cost. Remember to state it was a follow up. Good luck.

Ralph LMHC

Again urge you to formulate the question