Gina P
Gina P, LCSW
Experience:  MSW, LCSW, PIP
19637974

I cant stop crying again! I dont want to be alive anymore!

Customer Question

I can't stop crying again! I don't want to be alive anymore! I know I need help. I'm over my head with saddness but I do not have any psychiatric insurance. I am taking all kinds of med already . They don't really help or they don't help enough to bring me out of this. HELP!
Carole
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Gina P replied 4 years ago.

Hi, you should seek assistance through the local ED at the hospital or through the mental health center in your area, if you are experiencing this severe of a depression. When you have thyroid problems and depression it can really feel like you are in a black hole. Your medictions may need adjustment.

You also didn't say whether you are in therapy. Many mental healh centers work on sliding scale fee.

A combination of medications and therapy can help a great deal.

Gina

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I've been through all this most of my life.

I've been through all this most of my life. Sliding scale payments, therapist after therapist. I keep finding myself back in the same situation, feeling sad. I did go a long time in my thirties and early forties feeling normal. Then I experienced IBS which turned into thyroid problems and a determination full blown menopause I had no clue I was even in pre-menopause. Then I think I was misdiagnosed with depression and put on many meds. i do not take all of them anymore but just some. I have always wanted to get off them because they just seem to lead into the opposite direction I want to be in. Happiness. All I really want is to feel at peace with myself and happiness. What you suggest is typical and I do understand it is the standard answer to anyone in my situation, but I want to end this cycle I've feel I've been on one way or another without screwing up my chances to get a job or insurance in the future,
Leanne023

s
Expert:  Gina P replied 4 years ago.
Yes, it does sound as if it is a cycle. But consistency in continuing with these types of treatments usually works for a period of time, and then medications may need changing, etc. I will opt out to allow someone else to offer a different solution. I wish you well. Gina
Gina P, LCSW
Experience: MSW, LCSW, PIP
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I apoligize, I am just lost at the moment in my thoughts. i hoped this would help but I understand the constraints we both are dealing with and you are obviously not in a position to really help me with my current episode. Thank you for your time. Customer
Expert:  cathy replied 4 years ago.

Hey Leeane, can you tell me where you live and let me help you find some one to help you?

Thanks

Cathy

Edited by cathy on 1/1/2010 at 11:59 PM EST