Ask Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH Your Ow...
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH, Therapist
Experience:  Over 15 years of experience as a substance abuse therapist. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker

I am a mental health counsellor (RN)in an organization which

I am a mental health counsellor (RN)in an organization which places professionals in MD's offices. Unfortunately I have finally come to the conclusion that my supervisor is a narcissistic personality. This comes after her attempts to sabotage my work life. She has succeeded to some degree and had me transferred saying that the MD's were not satisfied. A year later I received a letter from one of the MD's who told me of the many lies and manipulations on the part of my supervisor to get rid of me. He apologized and was very angry that he had been manipulated by her. She's still trying. How do I deal with her when she has the power in the organization and has now had 4 meetings with me in 6 weeks about my various incompetencies. Even situations in which I was "a bystander" have become my fault and I'm stumped as to how to manage her onslaught.
Thank you for using JustAnswer! I am so sorry to hear you are going through this. Narcissistic personality disorder is the most difficult of the personality disorder to deal with, in my opinion. The problem with this disorder is the person is basically incapable of having empathy or ever acknowledging they are wrong. No matter what you do, how you try to point it out or explain it they will not see they are wrong. This can be extremely frustrating for people in your position. My usual advice for someone in this position is RUN! I know it sounds like to coward's way out but it is almost impossible to win in this situation. If you must stay you will need to come to a conclusion that this person will continue to find fault with you and others around you. Here are some good tips to help you take control of the situation.

I hope this answer helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or if you need clarification of this answer.

Take care,