Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

When i was 18 i picked up my car from a dealership after being

Customer Question

When i was 18 i picked up my car from a dealership after being worked on on the way home it burst into flames while i was driving about twenty seconds after i exeted the vehicle it exploded because of a severe gas leak caused by a gas line that was not correctly put back together since then i have been seen multible psycologists and have had extencive outpatiebt and in patient therapy they wanted me to go on disability right after but did not want to live that way i graduated with honors and had a bright futurte i am now 23 and have lost numerous jobs because of the numerous mental problems that resulted from this accident what are my options as you can see i have tried very hard to live a normal life but have had a very hard time and its not getting any easier for me
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer! So sorry to hear you are going through this. It must be really hard to have your level of functioning decrease after such an accident. I am wondering if during your inpatient and outpatient treatment were they treating you for mental health problems or was it physical rehab from injuries sustained. If there are mental health problems going on, I am wondering if it has to do with post traumatic stress disorder?

I'll try to give you an answer after you answer these question.
Thank you,