Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
20023641

how can I tell if I am just a bit/lot down and sad, or if I

how can I tell if I am just a bit/lot down and sad, or if I am suffering from depression and need help

Hi Stayathome,

Its actually pretty easy to discern if someone has clinical depression as opposed to just a lull in motivation and energy. I'll give you a link to a sympXXXXX XXXXXst from the Mayo Clinic with an article that will tell you a little more about it and it's treatment, and then you can use that information to talk with your doctor about being evaluated for depression and possible treatment.
article

I can tell you that you'll feel so much better if you do have it and then get treatment. It's like a lightbulb going off in your brain and all of the sudden you have mental energy, stamina and concentration.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.

Thanks!

Anna