cathy, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  MS., MS.Ed., 30 years clinical and administrative experience in psychiatry and mental health

I am a 39 yo w/f that was being treated for acute depression/anxiety

Customer Question

I am a 39 yo w/f that was being treated for acute depression/anxiety and OCD. My doctor just retired. My symptoms are becoming worse especially around my menstrual period and ovulation period. I do have suicidal thoughts, and I'm having trouble getting the strength and desire to leave my home. I'm currently taking: Wellbutrin SR 150mg bid, Levothyroxine qd, Celexa 20mg qd, and Klonopin 1mg tid. Any suggestions?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  cathy replied 6 years ago.

Hi blondelady and thanks for using

When your doctor retired who did he leave to cover your meds and can you get to the office to see the new doc?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I work for a M.D., and he's handling my meds, but he's not a psychiatrist and doesn't know much about my case. I haven't been able to get in to another Dr. until around 3 months. Thanks.
Expert:  cathy replied 6 years ago.

Hi blondelady I think its best for me to opt out and let you speak to an MD. I can answer your medication question but I think it best for another doctor to respond to you in terms of how to secure and approach a new prescriber. There are some ethical issues in this query that are best addressed by an MD and we have several here who are wonderful.

Please be patient as they will be online soon.
In the interim, I hope you feel so much better soon.