cathy
cathy, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  MS., MS.Ed., 30 years clinical and administrative experience in psychiatry and mental health
25773729

I have been living with a family for 4 years now taking care

Customer Question

I have been living with a family for 4 years now taking care of their 11 year old son. I came into the faminly when he was 8 years old. He has always been very possive of me but just the other day when I left for a couple of days he went into my room and ramsacked it. Threw everything everywhere. I asked WHY and he said he got mad. I feel a little scared if he were older and got mad. He playes alot on the viedo games and it's always the killing ones marked M. What should I do?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Camille RN replied 7 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. This situation needs to be addressed immediately by his parents and possibly a psychiatrist. The video game thing may be no more abnormal as any other kid ... while it's not the best idea to allow an impressionable child to play killing games, we do see it very very often these days. easy to correlate these violent games with violent acts committed by the children playing them. I do not know what the significance of the letter M is, but if that;s your initial, you should discuss this with is parents as well. If this violence continues you would be better served to look for another job.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I was under the understanding this would be looked at by a psychiatrist. Also the M was for (Mature 17 and older). I'm very concerned with this behavior.
Expert:  cathy replied 7 years ago.

Hi becca this board is open to mental health experts so if you want to re ask the question can you do that now? A psychiatrist might not be the most informed person to answer your query. You might want to open this question up to experts who have more clinical experience than psychiatrists.

very best wishes to you becca

why dont you try to reask the question so an expert can assist you.

Cathy

Edited by cathy on 1/2/2010 at 3:01 AM EST