Tamara
Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  20+ yrs Private Practice; Cert. Master Therapist; National Board Certified; APA Board Certified
25965815

Ive become so used to stress that when it becomes overwhelming

I've become so used to stress that when it becomes overwhelming I'd rather isolate and stay in my room all day. I feel sad, even though I am being treated with Celexa and I am starting to exhibit stomach pains. I have been to see my doctor last week, it's just now I feel more comfortable just hiding away from life.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Tamara replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer I'm sorry you are having a hard time right now. Could you clarify exactly what your question is, and I"d be glad to help you further. Tamara
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How to I get up out of bed when deep inside I just don't want to.
Expert:  Tamara replied 7 years ago.
Hi again. Thanks for the clarification. It sounds like you are experiencing more anxiety and depression right now than you are stress. The first thing in the morning is a very vulnerable time to depression and thoughts of how hard things are and how unhappy you feel. You are already on Celexa, so my next recommendation would that you seek some professional help from a therapist. Doing so will help you identify what issues are going on for you, and help you find some ways to cope with them. When you are depressed, it easy to feel like you don't want to deal with anything or see anyone - but it doesn't have to be this way. You may also want to talk with your Dr. about trying a different medication. I don't know how long you have been on the Celexa, but if it has been awhile (a few months) it may be appropriate to look at trying something else. Best wishes. Please let me know if I can answer any further questions. Tamara