Kelley, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Experience:  BSW, MSW, LCSW

I feel depressed and tired of my own life. Have so little self

I feel depressed and tired of my own life. Have so little self esteem and self confidence that i simply hate myself. My friends say that i am very good at doing things i like (being ivolved in humaitarian work, passionate cooking,being persistent to study and become a professional psychologist, etc). But i don't feel good. I study and work beside. I do not like the work but can't find another. I have a boyfriend but relationship is complicated...
Althoug i have friends and loving family, i feel so lonely, i feel like i am blocked from inside to tell them how bad i feel. I do try to be optimistic most of the time but start to see that dull unhappy emotions visit me more and more often... I do want to get up full of energy instead of "kicking myself in the ass" to force myself to do things. I want to be happy just don't know what am i doing wrong that brings me to the constant state of unhappiness...
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kelley replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer!

It sounds like you are suffering from depression. Depression is not caused by anthing you do. It is a chemical imbalance and needs to be fixed by an anti-depressant that raises your levels back up. I would suggest you see a psychiatrist who can do an evaluation and prescribe an antidepressant. Along with that a therapist who does cognative behavioral therapy would be great for you. They can help you figure out what is going on and how you can best cope. I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can assist anymore!