Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs

Though Ive never seen a professional I suspect I have been

Though I've never seen a professional I suspect I have been fighting depression off and on for years, sometimes the "episodes" are worse and last longer than others. One summer I spent the entire time in the basement of my
home watching tv, only doing the absolute bare minimum for my family. Where we now live there is no basement however I find myself always wanting to sleep
or watch music videos on youtube. In fact I seem to have become obsessed with a particular artist and while I'm not even doing so much as writing fan letters, etc, I do think and fantasize about him all the time. I realize how ridiculous this is but can't seem to stop. I used to feed my moods with food
but now hardly seem interested in eating at all, not even chocolate. I work and get my children to school, etc but just barely. My husband has been out of town working for 2 months and I don't even feel like I miss him. He is a wonderful person and deserves much more from me.

From the brief amount of informatiom. it certainly sounds like a pretty moderate to severe depressive episode. If you could formulate a question that I could respond to iy would be d be most helpfull.

Ralph LMHC

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I guess my question is, is this depression and if so, how can I deal with it without medication?

Although you have ruled out medication there are still treatment options available . One of the most effective for depression is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.

In CBT, one is taught new ways of thinking and behaving and as a result, one's mood improves. anxiety and panic decreases. In addition CBT is evidenced based as the most effective form of treating anxiety. See:

I hope this information has been helpful and wish you the best.

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for the information. I realize this sight is just for general use and not to establish a provider-patient relationship, I should have asked this earlier. Is it

possible that my unsure feelings toward my husband could be due to depression and that if I deal with the depression that issue could be resolved as well?

Absolutely. There is little enough to be concerned about youself so it qite possible there is not enough for your husband and if the depression lifted that problems with your husband could end or at least improve-that is whay it is important not to make decisions in the state you are in.

Ralph LMHC