Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.

i received ect treatments 9 years ago and feel it is time again.

Customer Question

i received ect treatments 9 years ago and feel it is time again. I can't take another day of feeling like this but I can't find a psychiatrist taking new patients. What can I do?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

What may be really helpful is to contact your behavioral health insurance company and ask to speak to a clinician such as a therapist or a nurse who can assist in finding you an appointment. Let them know if you had been on any medications or if you are currently on any and that you feel that your depression had come back.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You don't think I've tried this already?????????
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Unfortunately mind reading is not what I do

(some people in the same situation as yours had not know to call their insurance for assistance. I speak to those daily) I am opting out to give another person a chance to assist you.

Edited by Dr. Rossi on 12/1/2009 at 8:23 PM EST
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 6 years ago.
If you have a psychiatric hospital in the area where the procedure will be done, they will more than likely have an ECT specialist they will be motivated to get to help you.