Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
11044513

Can I get some help here Im having issues with self abuse

Can I get some help here??
I'm having issues with self abuse and dangerous thoughts.
I'm male 47 with CP. I live with my mother and presently unemployed.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 5 years ago.

Could you clarify self abuse? Do you mean harming yourself or something different? When you say dangerious thoughts are you referring to hurting your self or others? I would like to help but require more information to do so.

Sincerely,
Ralph LMHC

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Punching myself in the face, thoughts of others abusing me. I have a hard time trying to stay positive about the world. It doesn't help that my mother habitually critisces (SP) (nags) although she's toned down her rhetoric since realising that I have a serious problem.

Of note is that my father landed in a psych hospital in the 70's due to his own alcoholism.

I've come to the end of my rope with this and would like to get to a resolution is this issue before I cause any real damage myself or someone else.

I believe that it is imperative that you be in a safe environment, evaluated, and stabilized. In order to do that you will need to be hospitalized. I suggest that you immediately call911 so that you may be be brought to a psychiatric emergency room for evaluation. You are going in as a voluntary patient. There you will be started on medications to control the dangerous feelings that you have as well being in a non-stressful environment in which you can sort things out. I wish you the best of luck.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.

Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience: 20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs