cathy, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  MS., MS.Ed., 30 years clinical and administrative experience in psychiatry and mental health

I think my daughter is involved with a mind control/cult group.

I think my daughter is involved with a mind control/cult group. Do you know of a professional in my area that deprograms youth in this condition? Colorado Springs, CO Thank you.

Hi 1234 and thanks for using

I am sorry to hear about your daughter. I do not know of any programs in your area, but one of the top anti programming psychiatrists in the country is located in NYC and is internationally consulted. His name isXXXXX and what you need to do is google "Carlos Rueda and cults". You can read about the work he has done and call him for consultation. If he cannot help you he will refer you and the name of his medical center has changed from OLM in the Bronx, to Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx,. NY.

Heres the link

Dr. Rueda is an internationally known reprogramming expert, but he is also very genial and helpful and if you speak with the secretary in the Department of Psychiatry she or he will let know how long you must wait for a call back. I know he is very busy but again a very genial and helpful doctor whose humility is far greater than his talent. Great resource. I have used him in consultation many times and he is a great teacher. He is the best person to refer you to someone in your area or suggest where you can get treatment near you.

You have all my best in such a tough situation.

Best wishes to you

and do follow up on this.

Please press accept to accept my response and if you have more questions do feel free to ask.

Edited by cathy on 12/1/2009 at 1:30 AM EST