Ask Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH Your Ow...
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH, Therapist
Experience:  Over 15 years of experience as a substance abuse therapist. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker

I cant stop thinking about my blinking - this has gone on

I can't stop thinking about my blinking - this has gone on for several days now, and is very annoying (plus makes my eyes sore). Is there anything I can do? Thanks
Thank you for using JustAnswer! I bet this is getting annoying! It looks like you have already tried distraction techniques. I am wondering if you have tried Thought Stopping? Here is a good technique to help learn thought stopping. Here is another article about how to stop ruminating which is another type of obsessive thinking. The last suggestion on that article is deep breathing and relaxation techniques. I would try that as well or even try downloading a meditation mp3 or a hypnosis session to take your mind off of this as well. If it continues, I would suggest seeing a Cognitive Behavioral Therapist to help change your thinking. And lastly, if all else fails, consider seeing a psychiatrist about medications to help with obsessive thoughts.

I hope this answer helps, please let me know if you need clarification or if you have any other questions.

Take care, Kym

If you found this answer helpful today, please leave Feedback after Accepting so that I can receive credit for my answer. This is the only way I get paid for my Answer. Positive feedback and bonuses are always very much appreciated. Thank you!