Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.

Hi, My name is Michelle. I am 43 years old. I suffer from

My name is Michelle. I am 43 years old. I suffer from anxiety/panic disorder and have had panic attacks. Not all the time and I am not medicated for it, somehow I have been able to control it myself.
Because of some very disturbing sexual thoughts that started coming over me I started looking on the internet for answers. I think I may have OCD or OCPD, both if that is possible. Alot of the symptons really match me for both of these illnesses and have my whole life. I never would have guessed this because I thought ocd was just the compulsive need to make sure the stove is shut off over and over again, that type of situation, I don't do that. But quite interestingly there is alot more to ocd than I would have ever thought. Most of the other symptons match me to a tee! I do not like pills, and untrusting of mental health doctors. Is there anyway I can help myself with this or do I have to see someone.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 6 years ago.
Sorry, but you need to see someone. OCD sounds like a very real possibility. There is too much evidence of a physiological cause and treatment to not get consult from a medical professional, preferably a psychiatrist or a psychologist and MD working together. The good new is that medications are easy to tolerate and you will feel better.