Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

Hi, Im 24 and I puke after I eat. I dont eat a lot , I try

Hi, I'm 24 and I puke after I eat. I don't eat a lot , I try to maintain an average intake of 500 calories daily. If I exceed that limit I vomit , and if I have reached that limit early in the day I do the same. I don't binge. I know this is not normal but I have read some info on bulimia and it says you have to binge in order to be one. I am very confused and want to do something about this ( I know it could get worse so I want to stop). I'm I right? Or I am just paranoid and there is nothing wrong?

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 6 years ago.
Hi and welcome

500 calories is not nearly enough for you or anyone to be a healthy individual or to maintain a healthy weight. You need to make an appointment with your doctor and tell him/her what you are doing. You might not believe you are bulimic but unless there is some organic issue, you may very well have an eating disorder. You are not paranoid at all, you are ill and need to get help asap. You do not need to binge in order to be bulimic.
Please click ACCEPT and leave FEEDBACK when you are satisfied.