Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.
25396616

I get angry over everything. Even if just being asked a simple

I get angry over everything. Even if just being asked a simple question I snap and I dont know why'? Everything sets me off, I cant seem to control my outbursts. How do I stop acting like that?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 7 years ago.
Many communities offer ANGER MANAGEMENT courses at a very low or no fee. I am concerned you may be depressed, so let me know if that is a problem, as addition help may be useful.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have not looked into anger management classes near me, but I will. As I do not have insurance so I dont know how I would get Depression diagnosed, it is a possible issue?? My anger is very instant and I regret it instantly but cant stop.
having any sleep problems
weight change
loss of appetite
loss of pleasure
loss of sex drive
nothing feels good
cry for no reason
suicidal thoughts
recent loss (person, pet, job)

Descibe any of these you have for me aqnd I'll try to help.
Also, any family hisoty of depression? Alcoholism.
Any sexual or physical abuse?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sleep is usually okay but sometimes its hard to turn off my thoughts to go to sleep.

Weight fluctuates, I don't eat even when I know that I need too.

I don't find pleasure in a lot of things, I usually maintain a fairly neutral feeling about everything, not one of joy or sadness. goes along with the nothing feels good, its all the same.

It not a lack of sex drive, its lack of enjoying it during.

I cry when I get frustrated and cant help it, its as if I am not in control of my emotions.

No suicidal thoughts.

I recently broke up with my (ex)boyfriend of 5 years, and he is currently apart of life as a friend even though we are over. I find that I cant control my anger twoards him the most. He was not physically abusing but def. emotionally.

My father was a very angry man growing up, not to the point of physical but def. emotional.

Minor sexual abuse when I was younger but by strangers not family.

I currently work about 50 plus hours a week and take an english lit class. work is very stressful as my mother owns and operates it with me, she tends to get alot of the outbursts as well.

It sounds like you have plenty of cause to be angry. You certainly sound stressed, but I don't hear depression - a bit, so watch for it getting worse. You seemed to have learned your father's angry ways. I would definately check out the classes and the self help section of bookstore. My book advice - learn what makes sense, consider the rest BS.