Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.

How to let go of the person you cant stop being in love with

Customer Question

How to let go of the person you can't stop being in love with even 3 years after he left you?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 6 years ago.
I am so sorry Jenny. There will always be some pain. The best things are to focus your life elsewhere. Job, school, friends, whatever. It is crucial you not have any contact with this guy for a long time. How long? Until you don't care anymore. You might try a support group, but again, I would rather see you get some cool friends and hobbies.
I don't underestimate how hard this is. At you age, I was devastated for years but just had to fight through to the other side. It can be done.