Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt

My Wife Age 71 seems to have lost her Memory about every day

My Wife Age 71 seems to have lost her Memory about every day things and who people are.If I talk about a place or person she says she does not know about it or them
This has come on very rapidly, in a matter of what seemed to be a few days.This started about two months ago, we are waiting to see someone at a 'Memory Clinic'. Our Doctor has done Blood tests etc and says there is nothing Vascular that shows.
Do you think it is Alziemers?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

Rapid changes with cognition some times are due to mild strokes. Other possibilities are B vitamin deficiency (which can be tested via blood work) Alzheimer's is a degenerative and progressive disease (it does not really come on all of a sudden) A geriatric neurologist should be able to test her for other possibilities of the memory impairment that she is epxeriencing.