Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.

Of recent Ive been starting to wonder if I may have ADD as

Customer Question

Of recent I've been starting to wonder if I may have ADD as it feels as if i have NO concentration span and I rarely finish things. How do I know if this is me just being lazy or something or something more serious? I really don't want to see any professionals if it's just me being paranoid or if people would think I'm just looking for excuses or something. I also read that ADD rarely comes alone..I have never been diagnosed, but I am 99.9% certain I have hyperhidrosis..
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

Hi Nouvellea,

In my experience, people who wonder if they're ADD often have some components of it. I'm going to give you a link to a test that most physicians use a version of when talking to a patient about ADD. You can give yourself the test and then talk to your doctor. Having ADD doesn't mean you have to enter treatment or counseling, but if you are given medication, you do need to follow through with the physician.

ADD for adults

Adult ADD test

You mention that you've read that ADD rarely comes alone - this is not what I've seen in practice. The majority of people I've seen with ADD or ADHD have that as their only diagnosis.

Thanks for the chance to help you out today.