Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
20023641

Do you know a psychiatrist that specializes in bipolar located

Do you know a psychiatrist that specializes in bipolar located in suffolk county NY. My boyfriend is suffering from severe depression (lethargic, mild paranoia etc) and his current doctor has him on effexor, lamictol, litium carb and abilify and it is not helping. tx DF
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 7 years ago.

All psychiatrist are specially trained for treating Psychiatric disorders specially Bipolar disorder which is very frequently encountered during clinical training, so you can consult any good psychiatrist near you for this purpose.

I guess, a simple google search will give you a lot of names in that area.

I am giving you one such link below.

Psychiatrist

Regards

Please feel free to ask if you need clarification/more information. Kindly click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON if you are satisfied with the answer. POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS are warmly appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I need the recommendation of a doctor in suffolk county- non of the doctors in the article are geographically acceptable

Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your reply. In that case, since I am not from that area, so can't recommend you any individual psychiatrist.

I am opting out from this question and our expert will try to help you as soon as possible.

Kindly do not press accept for my previous answer as I was not able to help you.

Regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK great what I was hoping for was a recommendation- I can google psychatrists myself. tx
Expert:  Anna replied 7 years ago.

Dr. Solomon is in that area and is a psychiatrist who also counsels patients as well as prescribes medication. If your bf is having trouble getting his medication adjusted correctly, he will benefit from working with someone who is willing to hear the whole story.

Anna

Edited by Anna on 11/2/2009 at 8:30 PM EST
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience: Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.