Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs

hi there. My name is Dave. I have benn having this problem

hi there. My name isXXXXX have benn having this problem and i dont know what it is or what to do about it.
Many times I will be looking at one of my kidsand all of a sudden i would imagine something really terrible happening to them. I would actually feel all the emotions that go with it if it really did happen. they seem to last about a minute or so. Some times they are only about 20 seconds and then i would snap out of it. they used to be about 5 a day. Now i am down to about 2 or three a week. I had time line therapy for it and it went away, but now it seems to be creeping back in. Can you help me?
Thanks heaps. Can you please tell me what is wrong with me.

It sounds like you are experiencing an anxiety disorder where you make false predictions and pay the emotional price. I would suggest that you engage in a period of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. In CBT you learn new ways to think and act and as a result your feelings change. CBT is evidenced based as the most effective form of psychotherapy for anxiety disorders, See for a description of CBT.

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.